The TAPAS project offers workshops that focus on the TAPAS interface and TEI project management to members of its user community. We also offer introductory workshops to TAPAS for individuals and groups interested in joining the TAPAS project. TAPAS workshops provide participants an opportunity to receive guided support about the TAPAS interface and its TEI project development services. These workshops typically occur in one-to-one and small group settings. The TAPAS team seeks to design workshops around the particular needs and interests of workshop participants, though generally speaking our workshops tend to focus on the following topics:
- General introduction to the TAPAS project with guided hands-on TAPAS | TEI labs
- TEI project development and management within TAPAS
- Medium to advanced TEI markup practices
- brief, free consultation sessions (virtual and in-person at Northeastern University) to all TAPAS | TEI members at regular intervals
- 1-day TAPAS workshops and 2-day TEI/TAPAS workshops at Northeastern University to members and non-members of TAPAS
- 1-day TAPAS workshops and 2-day TEI/TAPAS workshops by request at other institutions to members and non-members of TAPAS
Please contact us to register for an existing workshop or to request a workshop at Northeastern University or your own institution. Due to the range of workshop formats we provide, pricing and scheduling will vary. Please be sure to provide as much information as possible in your Workshop inquiry to help us assess what kinds of services you or your community will need in a workshop setting.
Workshops and Events
- Date | October 25, 2014
- Time | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Location | Northwestern University Library
The TAPAS project team is excited to announce its inaugural TAPAS workshop to be held on October 25, 2014 immediately following this year’s TEI conference at Northwestern University (October 22-24). This one-day workshop, led by Syd Bauman and Julia Flanders, will introduce participants to the full range of TAPAS services, including archiving and sharing TEI files through the TAPAS commons, experimenting with TEI data through integrated TAPAS data transformation tools, and composing complex TEI projects and collections for publication on the TAPAS site. Conversations and hands-on activities will also focus on topics in metadata, TEI validation and troubleshooting, and incorporating TAPAS into TEI project workflows.
TAPAS Early Adopters Workshop
- Date | September 11, 2014 & September 16, 2014
- Time | (09/11/2014) 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.; (09/16/2014) 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Location | Northeastern University Snell Library
TAPAS invites its early adopter community to a two-day workshop to be held at Northeastern University. This workshop will focus on developing and managing TEI projects within TAPAS, a discussion of the TAPAS interface, and a guided lab/support session run by the TAPAS support staff. We will also invite and include discussions related to TEI markup practices.
Read more here