Agenda June 18th, 2010
- 8:30 – 9:00 am: Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:30 am: Greetings and agenda. Representatives from Dickinson will welcome everyone to the college and introduce the new participants to the rest of the group. We will then go over the day's agenda.
- 9:30 – 10:30 am: Progress report from the Technical Requirements Group The technical group will summarize the results (i.e. the requirements) that have come out of the conversations at the last meeting and between the two meetings. We will also show some initial visualizations of the interface and discuss this as an approach to summarizing requirements.
- 10:45 – 12:00 pm: The Brown Proposal (Andy Ashton and Julia Flanders) Julia Flanders will contextualize the proposal from Brown's perspective and then give Andy Ashton the opportunity to talk about Brown's repository and how he sees the relationship and interconnection between the development of the publishing service and the repository development. They will also present us with some ideas as to how to cooperatively develop a prototype as a deliverable for this planning grant.
- 1:00 – 2:00: The Brown Proposal (continued)
- 2:00 – 2:30 pm: The Governance Group The Governance group will summarize the ideas that came out of the last meeting and what was reported to IMLS in the interim report. In particular, the group will examine how Brown's proposal affects the work of the group and what still needs to be decided.
- 2:45 – 4:00 pm: Discussion At this time we will solicit reactions to the Brown proposal from the greater group. We will also use this time to outline the major issues that still need to be addressed. This discussion will set the agenda for the two groups the next day.
- 9:00 – 10:30 am: Breakouts The Technical Group and Governance Group will each meet to chart next steps based on the agenda that was set the day before
- 10:45 – 12:00 pm: Groups will report on their plans